Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 44 - Indiana Dunes, IN

Nothing good about today. We took 11 hours to do just over 8 hours of driving. Stopping at the Canadian border, and then the U.S. border, took too long (25 min at U.S. border). I guess ignorance (and not getting caught) is bliss because during all that time we sat waiting, Greg never read the sign that said we needed to declare all of our meat! We drove 4 hours through Ontario Canada, through a severe rain storm, and then somewhat diagonally through Michigan - with entirely too many highways closed (aka traffic) in the Detroit area.

We finally arrived at Indiana Dunes State Park. We are here for 2 nights. We have a nice site that backs up to the back/dunes edge of the campground, but both Greg and I commented that it seems loud here. I think the real problem is that NO alcohol is allowed here! How can this many people camp without beer (and still be so loud)?

No comments:

Post a Comment