Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day 58 – On Our Way Home!


Glenn woke us all up at 5am (leaving for Oregon) so we decided to get an early start on the road towards home. This time we are following Craig and Reene; caravanning is a much more entertaining way to travel. Moose was back at our rendezvous point (I didn’t stop screaming “MOOSE” until they stopped driving) – but this time she was really far away. Driving at the crack of dawn was beautiful - with the fog laying low on the meadows, the sun waking up on the mountain peaks, and the hundreds of undisturbed wildlife meandering around their land.

We are spending the last night of our trip in Winnemucca, Nevada (at Winnemucca RV Park). We are back on Pacific Time! Greg didn’t sign up for the 12 hours on the road; however, he just kept following Craig because it shortens our last day of driving tomorrow. Now at least half of the license plates say California – we must not be far! Jeremy is quite excited!!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, Winnemucca, garden spot of the West. I think most everyone has spent one night there if they live in California. I have followed your adventures and have enjoyed them all. Have a safe drive on the final day. LN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding self portrait -- I can almost make out Greg in the pilot's seat

    ReplyDelete