
Today we got up at the crack of dawn to go white-water rafting! Along the road, on the way (~6:30 am) we had a huge treat … WE SAW MOOSE !! After spending 3 weeks of previous vacations through Yellowstone and Canada searching endlessly for even a glimpse of one – this is a big deal! We drove way too quickly by a momma and baby hidden in the trees (right next to the road), then another female elegantly crossing the river. The last moose we saw was hightailing it to Jackson along a busy road.
Lewis and Clark rafting company is in the town of Jackson (an hour away),
and it included breakfast. Despite an uninviting water temperature of ~50°, we of course had a rockin’ time! (Even Greg, who temporarily gave up his post on the lounge chair.) Craig was completely doused in the lead position. On the right side of the raft, I was hit by wave after wave (making my wetsuit the best-spent money ever!). Each time one crashed onto me, I automatically stopped rowing. I had to toughen up though after our guide said that is exactly what you are not supposed to do. Christopher, Brooke and Jeremy took turns riding “Titanic” style in the front of the raft, and then even jumped into the calmer (still freezing) river a couple times. We all agreed our ride ended too soon, after only a 1 ½ hour adventure.
Lewis and Clark rafting company is in the town of Jackson (an hour away),
and it included breakfast. Despite an uninviting water temperature of ~50°, we of course had a rockin’ time! (Even Greg, who temporarily gave up his post on the lounge chair.) Craig was completely doused in the lead position. On the right side of the raft, I was hit by wave after wave (making my wetsuit the best-spent money ever!). Each time one crashed onto me, I automatically stopped rowing. I had to toughen up though after our guide said that is exactly what you are not supposed to do. Christopher, Brooke and Jeremy took turns riding “Titanic” style in the front of the raft, and then even jumped into the calmer (still freezing) river a couple times. We all agreed our ride ended too soon, after only a 1 ½ hour adventure.
The moose looks like something out of Northern Exposure! I have never seen one other than pics.
ReplyDeleteI am really enjoying your use of verbs and adjectives. I know your home now and I am catching up on your blogs so hopefully you are still reading the posts.
I have to plead ignorant..what is a Teton?