There was a slight bit of a struggle tonight as Greg tried to commandeer the blog – to write about all the Ford dealers we’ve passed in Texas – but he quickly relinquished the pen when he realized he’d have to write a bit more than that. He might have added how it’s a good thing we’re leaving Texas in the morning as he is beginning to feel left out that his truck does not have a huge grill guard on it (the better to hit the road kill, I suppose).
Today we drove ~3.5 hours to Houston – specifically to the Johnson Space Center. I’
ve wanted to complete the “space circuit” since we took the boys to Florida’s Kennedy Space Center back in 2006. At least the kids enjoyed it, but for Greg and me, it just wasn’t as “out-of-this-world” as the one in Florida. Everything seemed scaled to earth – for example, the normal office building that houses Mission Control. In Florida, everything seemed colossal and surreal. The other disappointment was that there was not a huge transfer of information; I think I learned more from the tourist standing next to me than any of the workers. In addition to the historic mission control room, we saw the training mock-up facility and a Saturn V rocket. Christopher managed to take tons of pictures of everything, and they had fun with the kid activities – like the balance challenge course (a real-life Wii game!).

We canceled our reservations at an RV resort in Houston so we could continue on and shorten our drive for tomorrow. We’re staying at Gulf Coast RV Resort in Beaumont, Texas. It meets our needs, and includes breakfast!
Christopher is wandering around the “resort” with his DS in the air trying to find a stronger Wi-Fi connection. I’m trying to remember if the lady said there’s no Wi-Fi, or no Wi-Fi code. Either way, none of us are having any luck connecting.
Jeremy is happy that the rules at this pool don’t exclude “swimming” because the last pool’s list of rules included just about everything you can do in a pool besides swim.
Tomorrow we get to add a new state to our map – Louisiana! I’m excited to see it!
Today we drove ~3.5 hours to Houston – specifically to the Johnson Space Center. I’
ve wanted to complete the “space circuit” since we took the boys to Florida’s Kennedy Space Center back in 2006. At least the kids enjoyed it, but for Greg and me, it just wasn’t as “out-of-this-world” as the one in Florida. Everything seemed scaled to earth – for example, the normal office building that houses Mission Control. In Florida, everything seemed colossal and surreal. The other disappointment was that there was not a huge transfer of information; I think I learned more from the tourist standing next to me than any of the workers. In addition to the historic mission control room, we saw the training mock-up facility and a Saturn V rocket. Christopher managed to take tons of pictures of everything, and they had fun with the kid activities – like the balance challenge course (a real-life Wii game!).
We canceled our reservations at an RV resort in Houston so we could continue on and shorten our drive for tomorrow. We’re staying at Gulf Coast RV Resort in Beaumont, Texas. It meets our needs, and includes breakfast!
Christopher is wandering around the “resort” with his DS in the air trying to find a stronger Wi-Fi connection. I’m trying to remember if the lady said there’s no Wi-Fi, or no Wi-Fi code. Either way, none of us are having any luck connecting.
Jeremy is happy that the rules at this pool don’t exclude “swimming” because the last pool’s list of rules included just about everything you can do in a pool besides swim.
Tomorrow we get to add a new state to our map – Louisiana! I’m excited to see it!

I'm loving your Blog. It's the first thing I do every morning. Christopher's tubing story was great! Sounds like you are really getting to know this wonderful country. We're anxious to meet you in New York City. Keep the blog going.
ReplyDeleteI hope you aren't expecting much out of Louisiana. Except for the New Orleans area it is pretty much nothing. Unless you like humidity. Still, the moss in the trees in Louisiana & Mississippi is interesting. There are also antebellum homes. Watch out for the water moccasins. ln
ReplyDeleteGlad things are much smoother. Look forward to meeting you guys in topsail.
ReplyDeleteGreat blog! I'm sorry JSC was such a disappointment. I used to work there and the tour used to be much more impressive prior the 9/11. After that, they shut down the majority of the tour onsite. Had I caught up with your blog earlier I would have been MORE than happy to give you a more personal tour with much more information. Have fun you guys!
ReplyDeletenice it seems like your having a lot of fun...and your guys blogs are really good it makes me feel like im actually there..well anyways have a great trip hope to see you soon! this is madi by way hahaha..lol
ReplyDelete