
Today we entered New Mexico, and arrived at our destination: City of Rocks State Park (30 miles north of Deming). It’s a small, completely remote rock mecca, and is rumored to be the best campground in the US. Now I know that is a bold statement that comes with one’s own specific “rating” criteria. It is definitely serene, and the rock structure is stunningly unique. We enjoyed our walk through the rocks at sunset. Kate was engrossed with the
resident jack rabbits and I saw my first close-up “wild” owls. But I’m hoping tomorrow holds more adventure for us! Greg is looking forward to a day of no driving – but has to hold out 2 more days until we get to San Antonio.
resident jack rabbits and I saw my first close-up “wild” owls. But I’m hoping tomorrow holds more adventure for us! Greg is looking forward to a day of no driving – but has to hold out 2 more days until we get to San Antonio.
No comments:
Post a Comment