Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 8 – San Antonio, TX

It doesn’t matter where we’re at today – all that matters is that we get to stay here for 3 whole nights! What a relief!

Christopher has been dying to try out some fishing, even though the closest body of water we’ve seen was the Colorado River at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. So as we pulled into the campground, and over the South Llano River, he is wondering if that means it’s fishing time! I don’t know anything about fishing, but I want him to be happy, so I promise him I’ll take him when he gets up. Jeremy and Kate hear us moving around so come along too. We walk to the small, nearby pond. I’m sorry it doesn’t go well for him – he really needs Greg for this job. There’ll be plenty more opportunities along the road!

We pack up and take our short ~2 hr drive to San Antonio. I tried to avoid KOAs on our trip, but I liked the location of this RV resort. I’m pleasantly surprised! The workers are very friendly and helpful. In fact, the guy that checked us in just finished his contract at the KOA in Shingle Springs ~20 miles from our house.

We decide to take it easy today and just hang at the campground. We all play Marco Polo at the pool because we have it to ourselves. I’m sure I haven’t played that since I was a kid! Then the kids rent those 4-wheeled bikes that KOAs seem to breed, and have a tiring blast!

Overall, an uneventful day … just what we’re needing at the moment. Keep the blog comments (texts/emails/calls) coming – we’re all enjoying them!

1 comment:

  1. nice ride jeremy...lol..jk...seems like your having alot of fun...madi

    ReplyDelete